AIRBRUSH MAKEUP- think of it as “real life Photoshop for your skin” & “the Rolls Royce of makeup”
Why airbrush makeup?
Airbrush makeup is truly the most perfect technique for achieving flawless looking skin.
While many people have the impression that the airbrush is a relatively new tool in the field of makeup, airbrushed makeup was first used in 1950 and has since developed with modern technology, with the expansion of digital cameras and HDTV, more makeup artists turn to the airbrush to take off the hard edge that pixelated images bring to skin texture. This skill is specialised and specific but with the right techniques and completed by an experienced professional, it is the “skin perfection” at its best and now it has become available to all who want the Hollywood flawless effect.
Why airbrush is called “the rolls Royce of foundation”?
Though not a new technology, airbrush make-up is once again in the limelight due to the advent of evolving digital media, including Digital Photography and Hi-Definition Television. The precision application offered by airbrush make-up has two major benefits that stand up to the challenges presented to make-up artists using regular foundation application:
- Full Coverage yet Sheer Texture:
A true airbrush foundation is high in coverage, but thin in texture, offering a high-opacity or full coverage application that’s dispersed as sheer and evenly as possible. The result is perfect-looking skin achieved with a minimum of product. No other technique can achieve this. Feels like you have nothing on your skin!
- Refined Pattern:
The spray dot-pattern the airbrush puts down on the skin registers less on camera than the patterns and trace lines that brushes and sponges leave behind.
While other advantages include longevity generally 12-16hr wear, durability, lightweight texture and gives the “real” skin look. No heavy cover-up, the true advantage of airbrush make-up is the beautiful finished result it produces.
In the following diagram you will see examples of the different results in makeup application techniques including makeup sponge, foundation brush & Airbrush.
Makeup Sponge Makeup Brush Airbrush Method
Because of the fine misted spray, airbrush makeup provides a flawless coverage, evening out skin’s imperfections while still allowing your skin to breathe. (Yes, it’s really THAT light weight!) The final result gives you a very natural, yet very finished and polished look.
- What is Airbrush Makeup? Airbrushing is a patented makeup application technique that utilises compressed air through an “airbrush” with drops of colour to spray on a fine mist of makeup. It is the preferred technique for digital photography, high definition TV, and bridal work. Airbrushing makeup provides a camera ready velvety texture that lies on the skin in an even, misted pattern, creating the most natural finish to the naked eye.
- How does it feel? Airbrush makeup is exceptionally lightweight. Most clients say they feel as if they aren’t even wearing makeup.
- What are the benefits of airbrush makeup? Airbrush makeup provides flawless coverage by minimising skin imperfections. It also gives skin a beautifully natural finished result. It can be applied on anyone even men. Airbrush makeup is water resistant, tear sweat resistant.
- Does it cover tattoos, scars, etc? Yes, all skin imperfections including tattoos, scars, stretch marks, and post-op surgery patients can use airbrush makeup to have those areas concealed. (POA)
- Is Airbrush Makeup right for everyone? Airbrush makeup is suitable for women of all ages and every skin condition. The makeup is hypoallergenic and fragrance free. In fact “Airbrush Makeup” is the only makeup that is completely breathable.
- How does Airbrush Makeup work? Drops of liquid Airbrush makeup is placed in an airbrush gun that is attached to an air compressor. The makeup is then gently sprayed over the skin releasing a mist of air together with using Chantel’s special techniques to achieve your perfect coverage. This mist covers the skin lightly (yet full coverage) and allows the skin to breath. It will leave your skin with the desired coverage without the “cake” feeling. The liquid mists lay on the surface of your skin creating a smooth, flawless finish that won’t block your pores or irritate your face. Once the liquid is applied, it begins to dry and stay on the skin’s surface. Once it dries, it is moisture and smudge resistant.